Sunday, November 13, 2011

Nica Election Controversy

As you may know this past Sunday were the Nicaraguan Presidential Elections.  The Sandanista candidate Daniel Ortega will serve five more years as Nicaraguan's leader.  I am not writing this post to give my opinion on the elections and their outcome, but to simply inform you on what has transpired over the past week.  To show my unbiased, I am attaching several articles that will allow you to understand more about the controversy of the elections that took place and form your own opinion.  If you would like my insight please email me and I will be glad to discuss, but this blog will remain neutral.  I want to share this information with you because I feel that it is important that America is well informed on what is going on in a country where we have played a great part in their history.  My presence here in Nicaragua also has made me well aware of the example that I as an individual and we as a country set for developing nations.  The first article below was brought to my attention by a fellow volunteer and I believe it is very well written so please take the time to glance over why we should care about Nicaragua's political state.

Why Nicaragua Matters to The U.S.

The recent elections has provoked celebration as well as violence amongst the Nicaraguan people.  Read below to find out why.

The Facts about the Elections

No comments:

Post a Comment