Thursday, September 8, 2011

Creativity Showcase

I wanted to dedicate a post to the local artists of Chinandega and Leon who are featured here.  I was so impressed with the talent that was present at the art show last week that I felt compelled to share more.  This display of creativity opened my eyes to the fact that even though I struggle with the idea of creativity in the business sector, there are other influences in my community that are helping change the way people view the creative realm.  Also to my surprise, these pieces of art are priced in U.S. Dollars and are not cheap!  I guess its a good thing that these artists know how valuable their work is and take pride in their originality.  I hope you like what you see! Sorry the lighting isn't so great...

I thought the colonial building of the Fundacion was worth featuring



My Favorite- Anciano con Lena

Caballos, Unicornio e Hipocampo
by Mariano Navarro
Mercado Colonial
by Dorado
Los Cocos

Villa de Nuestra Sra. Sta. Ana
Autor: Lester Artola
Metamorfosis
Autor: Mariano Navarro










1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting these, Kate! They are beautiful and I really like Metamorphosis as well as the porcelain looking horse with shadow below it.
    Your new hosts sound great and stay away from those mosquitos!

    ReplyDelete